Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Northern Exposure

I'm cold! It is raining (again) and the temp is in the 50s. I think I've been up north long enough that I am officially having 'sunshine withdrawal.' I've really enjoyed the cool sunny mornings, hanging out on the front porch with family and cups of coffee. I'm totally over the rainy mornings. It's tough to get motivated, which is a feeling I remember from my life in Maryland. A bright dose of sunshine would be much appreciated right now! But rain or shine, we are down to our two last days in Pennsylvania. I've shopped and shopped - the travel box on the top of my Jeep will be full of good stuff when we pack up later today. I've saved one last solo trip to Target for later....I'm sure there are some things that I really don't need but I will be just thrilled to discover on those shelves full of wonderfulness. I knew I was coming to the end of my time in the stores yesterday, when I started seeing items that made me say 'whaaat?', like camo printed knives at Bed Bath & Beyond, and One Direction perfume and tanning products labeled with the Kardashian brand at Ulta. I think the universe is telling me it's time to head back to Key West....more sunshine, more outside fun, less consumerism. Before we start the long road trip back to the island, we have a BIG project to do in Maryland. We need to sort through a bazillion boxes stored in one of the homes we own in Frederick, plus have a 'lock out' area built in the basement for our owner storage. The plan is to be there for five days, and John and I are hoping we can get things done in that time frame. But along with the house projects, we will all definitely have some fun. It will be great to see our Frederick friends, the people we spent much time with during out 20 years there. I can't wait for some salsa and chips at La Paz, our favorite Mexican joint, and I am really excited to attend a book signing on Tuesday evening at a friend's book store downtown. Add as many coffee dates as possible with my oldest girl friend (she's not old....I've just known her the longest!) and a trip to my former stomping grounds at Montgomery Mall in Bethesda (hello, Nordstrom!) and I will be one happy girl. I haven't really thought much about Key West during our weeks away, but now my island home is looking like the light at the end of the tunnel....literally and figuratively. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment