Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Sunday, August 18, 2013

In the Garden - Signs of fall

Here in Key West we don't do autumn leaves and early morning frosts. Our weather is generally hot and steamy through September. But if you look carefully, there are subtle signs that fall is on its way. Starting the week before my girls return to school, our front walk way is dotted with lovely rain lilies. We didn't plant them....a former tenant did or maybe they are one of those tropical plants that get sowed by the trade winds. They bloom in spring as well, but really put on a show now. Also, there is a subtle shift in the light. I noticed it yesterday when I was in the pool with the girls. The various shades of green surrounding our pool looked like they were getting the sun at a different angle. I look forward to watching for more changes in the coming weeks. I get my mornings back tomorrow, as the girls start second grade. I can take my coffee outside and enjoy the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment