Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Friday, August 2, 2013

Key West Pinks

That is what our locally harvested shrimp are called. They really are pink, even when raw. They are also sweet and tender when cooked well. Yesterday I stopped by Eaton Street Seafood on my way home from school (volunteer duties start early!) and bought two pounds. They have added some more gourmet and grocery items, and the owner told me they just acquired a license to sell beer and wine....heading towards one stop shopping. Along with the shrimp I got a lemon and a loaf of Rosemary-Olive Oil bread. With those extras I avoided a trip to Publix...nice! Once home I peeled and deveined, and put the shrimp to marinate with garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Not long on the grill....perfection. Really yummy. For lunch today, I rough chopped the leftovers with two stalks of celery and mayo to bind. Seriously delicious on the toasted bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment