Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cookbook Corner - Essentially Lilly (Pulitzer, that is)

Several months ago John and I had breakfast at Sarabeth's and we chose to sit inside for some AC. I had never been in the larger of the two dining rooms and I was thrilled to see that the long shelf behind the banquette was lined with cookbooks. I scanned the titles and was surprised to find one by Lilly Pulitzer, published in 2004. Light, fresh recipes perfect for Florida heat and vibrant, gorgeous photos....I had to find a copy for my collection! I received it a few weeks ago and I just love it. Reading it is like visiting your very wealthy relatives at their Palm Beach estate, with every person and every surface draped in LP's signature colors and patterns. I don't actually have wealthy relatives with an estate in Palm Beach, or any other place for that matter, but it certainly looks like a nice gig if you can get it. One of these days I am going to make a pitcher of her Jalapeno Bloody Mary's (from the Minnie's Sunrise Sail menu). And the Key Lime Roll (from the Blue Moon Beach Supper menu) looks divine. Maybe I'll do a shindig for my girlfriends, asking them to wear their finest summer frocks and garden hats, and we'll sip Key Lime Mojitos (from the Pink-and-Green Thumb Birthday Party menu) by my pool. Or maybe I'll just daydream about doing that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment