Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

'Winter' in Key West

While much of the country is enduring brutal cold, with well-below zero temperatures and wind chills, Key Westers woke up to the coldest temp since last winter. That would be 54 degrees. It IS chilly for here, especially since we have had a warmer-than-average winter. Our daily highs and lows rarely differ by more than 10 degrees, so a drop of more than 20 is noticeable. When I dropped the girls at school this morning, the teachers working car line were in scarves, hats and fleece jackets. A few of the kids looked like they were going on some type of winter adventure...snow boots?? My oldest ended up taking her jacket off in the car, and the youngest wore tights under her dress and a fuzzy fleece jacket. It should be near 60 degrees when they go to recess, so I think they will survive. Today is the first day back at school since December 21st. We get a looooong holiday break here in KW. It was fun, relaxing, and festive, but it felt great to get up and get moving this morning. To celebrate the chill in the air and the girls' return to school, I got a latte on the way home. I read all my news and social media in peace. I've been enjoying the quiet, for sure. But the sagging Christmas tree is in one corner and a million legos are in another....time for me to get moving and make the most of this wintry island day.

No comments:

Post a Comment