Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Breakfast in Key West

There are many spots for a great breakfast here in Key West. John and I go out at usually once a week, mid morning so it's more of a week day brunch. And when you look at the photos below you will see that these meals definitely cover two meals in the calorie department! If I want yogurt and fruit, I can do that at home, right? First up, Crab Cakes Benedict at Camille's on Simonton Street. These aren't my beloved Maryland-style cakes, these are thinner and seasoned differently, but they totally work with the poached eggs and hollandaise. Next, is a meal at Sarabeth's, also on Simonton. This is one of our favorite spots on the island for breakfast or lunch....a meal on their patio is always lovely. At breakfast, we always get Juice of Four Flowers, a blend of orange, banana, and pomegranate juices. On this visit, I had a Farmer's Omelet, filled with finely diced potatoes, ham, veggies and Gruyere cheese, if I remember correctly. The Sarabeth's in Key West is part of the restaurants of the same name in Manhattan, so yes, you do get their awesome toasts, muffins, jams and preserves with your breakfast. So good! I've often thought that sitting on the patio there with a pot of tea, toast and jam would be a delightful way to enjoy some 'me' time.....I should get on that. The last photo is from a breakfast at Harpoon Harry's on Caroline Street. It's a crazy little joint.....restaurant, liquor store, T-shirt shop. Cash only, but don't worry, there's an ATM in the OTHER liquor store across the street. I had Eggs Benedict and John had Creamed Chipped Beef on Biscuits. Really good if you have the option for a nap afterwards.....and on that day, we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment