Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

In the Garden - What's blooming today

It's a lovely, sunshiney day in Key West! And our plants are super lush from some heavy, seasonal rains. I love walking around with my watering can and clippers....taking inventory, making mental notes on what needs to be tied back or maybe moved to a sunnier spot. Here is a little tour:
I have two hanging pots on the front porch....I think I need more! So far I have one with basil and rosemary, and one with a lovely yellow portulaca.
A neighbor have us a small cana lily plant that has gone absolutely crazy! I need to divide it and spread some around. The blooms are lovely.
A friend of John's gave us an orchid rhyzome and he tied it to one of the palm trees out front. Happy to see it sprouting....maybe we will get a flower!
A bunch of bananas or plantains starts with the large red bloom on the bottom. Our Cuban neighbor calls them 'tits.'
A closer look at the bunch at the top of the stalk. These are tiny Cuban bananas, about as long as your finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment