Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

St Mary Star of the Sea

John had the best idea, that I should go on vacation through the end of the year. Enjoy fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas without any distractions (other than the usual ones that come with having two kids, an ailing dog, and an elusive iguana that poops in our pool). Really more of a staycation, since I'm not going away, but his idea was for me to take the time to regroup and to refocus. The first step was to tell people that is what I am doing.....I'm free!! Feels good. When we first started traveling to Key West, John would attend Mass at St Mary Star of the Sea. Eventually I started going, and even though I wasn't raised in the faith, I fell in love with the parish. After we moved here, I completed the adult education program at St Mary and converted to Catholicism in 2011. We haven't been very good about attending Mass over the summer, but we are back and I realize how much I missed it. How much we all need it as part of our week. Today when I took this photo I had that free and happy feeling that I used to have when I would take vacation photos on the beautiful grounds. It's good to be back. And to feel like I'm on vacation at home in Key West....again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment