Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Friday, September 6, 2013

The latest from Key West...

I think things on the island are even slower than when I wrote a week or so ago. We did have much excitement last weekend, as Diana Nyad completed her swim from Cuba to Key West. There was a parade through town, and some kids we know got to meet Ms. Nyad at local spots, including the Dairy Queen on United Street. I read in the paper that she thinks we should change the buoy at Southernmost Point to read 113 miles to Cuba, not 90. We should!  She swam every last one. Blue Heaven is closed through mid October, and I think La Creperie will be shuttering soon for vacation. The other day I had to drive to Big Pine Key, and I was happy to see that Bobalu's was open again, after being closed for vacation since July. I stopped in and got a wrap to go and the place was full. A parent from the girls school took my order....it's a very small town. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment