Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Honeycrisp Apples

If you have never had a honeycrisp apple, you need to go out and buy some. Like right now. I promise it will be the most crisp, sweet and juicy apple you have ever eaten....it is the most apple-y of the apple varieties, at least that I have found. In Maryland, I would watch the signs at my favorite orchard for them to arrive each fall. I got my parents hooked on them, too. Honeycrisp is a relatively new variety but it has become very popular. Of course, we don't have local apples here in Key West, except for a tropical fruit called a sugar apple, which I still need to try. But we get Honeycrisp apples now through Thanksgiving from other states. We are about done with our second batch from Publix....so good! I miss my frequent trips to Catoctin Mountain Orchard in Maryland and to Hinish Orchard while visiting my family in Pennsylvania, but I'm glad I can enjoy a favorite taste of autumn so far south.

No comments:

Post a Comment