Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Party for One

This morning I helped another mom decorate Josie's classroom door for Red Ribbon Week......Eat Right, Be Bright! Very cute. It felt good to help. It also felt good to get back in my car at 8:40 and not be obligated to stay. I finally got the 'balance' memo. And I'm glad that I read it this time. So I decided to take myself out....a little party for one, so to speak, to enjoy this gorgeous breezy autumn day in Key West. First, I sat in the window at Bad Boy Burrito and enjoyed a killer breakfast burrito filled with scrambled egg, chorizo and spicy pico de gallo. The friendly woman at the counter suggested a limeade to drink. So good....tart and fresh and perfect with the spicy food. I watched all the Parrotheads walking to Camille's for lunch. I know they are visiting town for the annual Meeting of the Minds event....they had their passes on lanyards around their necks. I also chatted with my server. I wish I would have asked her name because we covered all the new business openings on the island and rated our various spa experiences here. She was great! Next I went a few doors up the street to Isle Style. I had a fabulous pedicure from Marcella, plus more fun conversation. While she meticulously removed the barnacles from my neglected feet, we talked kids, schools, Halloween costumes, New York, organic produce, GMOs, cooking and our shared obsession with making soup. I left with lovely smooth feet and shimmery pale pink toes. She typed my blog address into her phone. And then I practically skipped home because I so enjoyed my breakfast, my spa time and making some new island friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment