Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Bougainvillea

Wow, it is gorgeous in Key West this morning. Breezy, sunny, with temps in the mid 70s. The cool breezes of fall and winter are finally here. I said cool, not cold. These tropical breezes are like a caress on your skin. I love, love, love this time of year and I will happily sweat through the rest of the year knowing I will so enjoy November through March. Right now the fronds on my palm trees are making a lovely swishing sound, and there are some chickens making some noise some where close by. I am enjoying a quiet moment outside with a mug of coffee. I'm a happy girl. I walked around the property to check out the blooms and snapped some shots of my Bougainvillea. It blooms it's brightest during the cooler months. The colored part is the bract, and the tiny white bloom is the actual flower. I've got hot pink, salmon pink and purple....enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment