Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Monday, November 4, 2013

Breakfast, Lunch & Monday

Unless we go out to breakfast, I don't have much of an appetite for it. When I'm at home I tend to drink lots of coffee and then feel kind of woozy eventually.....oh, that's right, I should eat something. Not only does this habit cause me to overeat at lunch time, it isn't great for my metabolism, blood sugar, or general well being. I buy yogurt, and toss it when the expiration date passes. Healthy cereals and bars.....bleh. So what I do is eat what actually appeals to me. This morning I had green salad leftover from last evening's dinner with some sliced chicken breast. I often have hummus, on a slice of bread or with a few pita chips. Sometimes I will make a sandwich with ham and sliced tomato. And what is funny is that when I'm ready for some lunch a few hours later, some of the things that most people eat for breakfast start to appeal....fruit, hard boiled eggs, toast with peanut butter, etc. It's kind of strange, but it works. Monday mornings are always a treat to me, and I realize that is as unusual as eating lunch for breakfast and breakfast for lunch. Most people are not a fan of Mondays. But I always appreciate the calm and quiet. Wow....the girls are gone until 3, my husband is out doing good things for the community, and I am ALONE. ALONE!! Well, just me and Murphy and the mess of the weekend, but I'll take it. This morning it is cool and breezy in Key West and every window is open. Now that I've had my lunch, I can do some cleaning while the curtains flutter in the breeze. Until it's time for breakfast. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment