Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve in Key West

We are still having unseasonably warm temps for this time of year....80 degrees last time I checked. But it is sunny and breezy and the island was sure bustling as I ran my final errands today. I have come down with a cold, so I scaled back  my cooking plans and purchased goodies from some favorite Key West vendors. First I hit Imagination Station toy store for a final gift for under the tree. This shop is our locally-owned alternative to Kmart, and thank goodness they have been able to make it through the road construction that I'm sure has greatly affected business. Next, I hit Key West Cakes on White Street. I loaded up with 2 pounds of their delicious Christmas cookies, date-nut bread, and a little cherry cheesecake, one of John's favorites. Eaton Street Seafood was packed! I got a pound of KW pinks, two fillets of yellowtail snapper, and two crab cakes. I will saute the cakes when we get home this evening, and I will do a seafood gratin with the shrimp and fish for tomorrow. Finally, I went to Publix. Good grief.....it took me 10 minutes of driving around to find one empty parking space! I managed to gather my list without getting run over (or running over anyone myself). I've got lots of good stuff on hand for some great holiday cooking and eating. And John just got back from the liquor store, so now we are really set. Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment