Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Wow. What a trip! Key West to Savannah, GA to Frederick, MD to Altoona, PA to New York, NY to Altoona, PA to Frederick, MD to Savannah, GA to Key West. It was a GREAT trip. I really enjoyed the time spent with family and friends. I shopped. I ate at some favorite places. I enjoyed the green mountains, northern flowers, and farmer's markets. We got home last evening, twelve hours after starting out from the Hampton Inn in Savannah, our regular half-way stop over. I am completely exhausted, and I can't imagine how John must feel since he did all the driving. Traffic was pretty light until we hit our home state. There was an accident on the Florida Turnpike that diverted us to I-95 past Jupiter, FL.....we probably lost an hour on that. As soon as we got off the turnpike onto Route 1, just above Key Largo, the real traffic started. Bumper to bumper at several points in Key Largo and Islamorada. As soon as we crossed the bridge from Stock Island into Key West the girls started cheering and saying hello to their favorite things....Moolah the Manatee at First State Bank, Old Publix, Baskin Robbins, the road where we turn to go to school. We were ALL cheering when we finally pulled up to our house! It must have rained quite a bit while we were gone....the grass is tall and every plant is lush and full. John found the energy to unload the car and I made some margaritas. Sitting outside enjoying the tropical breeze felt absolutely fabulous after a two weeks in northern parts. I grabbed a quick shower and collapsed into bed....always so good to be back in my own bed after a trip! Josie woke me up at some point to ask if she could sleep with us. I honestly didn't know where I was for a moment. But then it hit me - we are home and the only plan for the next week is a 'staycation' to recover from our travels. So yes, Josie, you and your red flapper dance costume can snuggle in and we can sleep until we wake up on our own. Ahhh, vacation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment