Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

And today I start a blog...

I have been thinking about what I want to do next.....I need a new hobby slash outlet slash passion. Open a shop? Fun to order products but I would actually need to BE there, which isn't nearly as fun as the planning part. Get a part time job? Always a possibility, but the hours would have to mesh with every other thing I have to do and like to do and, well, it's been so long since I've worked for someone I have turned into a primadonna. (Um, I don't like to run the vacuum at my HOUSE, I am not doing it here!) Another thing.....I need to spend more time outside in the glory that is Key West! I've gotten into the rut of being busy, busy and not taking the time to try paddle boarding, yoga on the beach, fishing off a pier and a long list of other things I dreamed of doing when we moved here in April 2010. And I need to get back in shape, so the whole two birds one stone thing. My girls' school just held the annual silent auction, which I co-chair with another mom. I got to get crafty making lovely signs and decoupage trays for our cigar girls and talk about food, drink and flower arrangements..... things I love and am actually quite good at after ten years working in food and magazines. The event was a few days ago now but I am still buzzed from all the prep and excitement. It inspired me and reminded me of past successes that I had forgotten about in the hustle and bustle of life with two young girls. I also miss writing, something I did professionally for years. I know I could freelance but back to the primadonna thing...your story will arrive after kid duties, house duties, PTO duties, and complete catch-up on ALL current Real Housewife franchises. I am an editor's worst nightmare. So, what I am going to do is start a blog. Right now, after I finish typing and hit send. I'm going to do it on my trusty Android and Google blogger. I will take lots of pictures and make it fun and who knows....it might lead to my next hobby slash outlet slash passion.

1 comment:

  1. Kendi, my coworker has a food blog you might enjoy as well... http://theadventuresofculinarylin.wordpress.com

    Good luck. It's such a catch 22, when I'm not working I miss it and when I'm working I miss the free time...been back working full time for 2 years now and when we hit the next destination in June, I plan to stay home and do all those things you were mentioning here :)

    ReplyDelete