Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tuesday stops @ Camille's and Isle Style

Yesterday John and I had lunch with a good friend at Camille's on Simonton Street. We had a little PTO business to attend to for an upcoming school event and some catching up on the last few busy weeks....this school year is about over!
Camille's is one of the first restaurants John and I visited in Key West. Our first trip to the island was in 2002 for a friend's wedding. We stayed at The Reach that time, so we walked the few blocks to Camille's most mornings for breakfast. Every morning they offer fun specials - a variety of pancakes, omelets, benedicts and 'super scrambles.' The latter is basically scrambled eggs cooked with everything but the kitchen sink....think filet mignon/mushroom/onion/brie, or maybe andouille sausage/jalapeno/bell pepper/gouda. Really good. And one of the toast options is Cuban bread pressed with butter....also good! Lunch at Camille's offers a list of daily specials as well, a nice selection of sandwiches, soups, salads, and burgers. Yesterday I had the Special Caesar of the Day, topped with panko-crusted Key West pinks, and John had the Tuesday Burger, topped with bacon and smoked gouda.
John and T finished up their meeting while I popped next door to Isle Style to drop off some items for a fun event they are hosting this Sunday.
Island ladies have been invited to clean out their closets for a great cause. I dropped off 6 purses (yay....now I can buy more!) and a pair of shoes, and paid $15 to take part. I received a special bag for Sunday's event - I can fill it with 6 things from everyone else's items, and the shoes will be donated to women in need of casual business attire to enter the work force. After everyone 'shops' on Sunday from 12-2 (and eats, drinks and grooves to a DJ, that is what the $15 is for), the garden will be reset and the ladies who can use a hand will be able to 'shop' for what they need. Fun, right? Isle Style is one of my favorite spots in Key West. It's a boutique/salon/spa with a gorgeous courtyard out back. When I arrive for a haircut or service, I am graciously invited to get some tea or water and have a seat. In just a minute or two I am relaxed and ready to enjoy what comes next. Here are some shots from the courtyard. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment