Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mini-Staycation in Paradise

This week and next is FCAT testing at the girls' school. Due to test regulations, parents aren't permitted to be near the classrooms, which shuts down volunteering. I am using this respite from my usual routine to get caught up on various things around the house. I am also just tooling around my little piece of paradise and enjoying the little things that I tend to miss when I'm busy. First up, my pool. The weather is warm again and the sun is bright! I have enjoyed some mindless floating....good for my soul.
While floating on this raft I have been making plans for summer, thinking about plants that need to be moved or cut back, what kind of soup I want to make next, and other important issues. This morning I also did a hibiscus inventory, finding big, gorgeous blooms in yellow, red and orange.


One of my favorite things about my life here in Key West, is that I spend so much time outdoors. In my old life, if given some free time to myself, I would have automatically headed to Target, Nordstrom or Barnes & Noble. Grab a latte, browse, buy some stuff I don't really need. Here I am 3 1/2 hours from such places. I feel like I do more things that matter here, and I really like that. :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous hibiscus! My potted tropical hibiscus is being hardened off after wintering in the garage. I look forward to its coral blooms.

    ReplyDelete