Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

One thing led to another...

My love of magazines and books got me interested in cooking. After college, I discovered that I loved having friends over for Sunday afternoon dinners....lasagna or chili, nothing fancy. That led to our annual parties - Kentucky Derby in May, Open House for Frederick's In the Street festival in October, and always something around Christmas. I loved having invitations printed, ordering flowers, planning menus, all of it! I went to culinary school in 1997, and by just being in the right place at the right time, I was able to turn my experience in publishing and marketing into a 15 year gig of food writing, food styling, running my own cooking school, revamping one restaurant and opening one from ground up. In 1999, a small publisher I worked for produced my cookbook. Very Frederick, MD focused, it featured menus tied to local events and recipes from local chefs. A really fun project and a fun time in my life. I rarely look at it, and I'm not sure if it's even in print anymore. I tend to haul it out when we have new friends over and I've had a drink or two....hey, wanna see my cookbook?! :)

2 comments:

  1. We're proud to have it in our cookbook collection! Actually going to make "surprise" burgers this weekend.

    ReplyDelete