Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 2 - Easy Cuban-Style Shredded Pork

So this is what it looked like after about 5 hours on low. I used tongs to remove the outer fat and discarded it. And then I used two forks to shred it into pieces. It just falls apart from cooking so long. I tossed the bone along with the fat. After dinner last night, I put the crock pot insert/lid in the refrigerator. When I get it out in a bit to start dinner, the remaining fat will be solid on top. Use a spoon to remove it and throw away. Turn the crock pot on high until heated through.....dinner number 2! If you get tired of pulled pork sandwiches (with a small pile of cole slaw on top....the ONLY way to eat it!) you can use it in quesadillas, enchiladas, etc. At Pepe's Cafe here in Key West, they do a breakfast special quite often with their pulled pork rolled up in a flour tortilla with egg and black beans. It's really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment