Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Monday, May 13, 2013

A happy Mother's Day

It was. We swam in the pool and played silly games, and the girls turned my raft into a slide. John made his famous scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast, and I brought a plate of turkey wraps out to the pool for lunch.

 I got a bit of quiet time while they ran errands....quiet time is the thing I appreciate most in the world! 

We skyped with my family in Pennsylvania. It was great to 'see' my mom, dad, sister and nephew! It makes the miles between us seem less, even if just for a while. PA seemed a world away again when they started talking freeze warnings....what?? But it won't be long until school is out and we will head north to visit them. I'm sure it will warm up by then. ;) For dinner, I made pasta salad, baked beans, coleslaw and pulled pork. I tried a new recipe.....small can of root beer and barbecue sauce with 4 pieces of pork tenderloin. It needed more seasoning, so I added that after tasting, but the meat shredded beautifully and had nice color. Half of my cooking was delivered to the family I mentioned in a previous post, the one dealing with a cancer diagnosis. It made me happy to share some food and love with them on Mother's Day! While Mari and I made the delivery, John and Josie cut a lovely flower arrangement and Josie showered us with bubbles when we returned. 


For dessert, the girls insisted we buy the purse cake they saw on a Baskin-Robbins commercial. Very cute, and as everybody knows, I do love my purses! So now, as I write this, it's Monday morning. John is out running and the girls are back at school. I have a long list of things to do....after I have another cup of coffee. I'm still in Mother's Day mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment