Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Sunday, May 5, 2013

May 4th....just perfect. :)

Yesterday was awesome. Our last major PTO event of the school year, our annual 5K, went off without a hitch! And more than that, it was FUN. We worked the bugs out from last year and the organizing committee was extra-organized, so not only did we execute the event, we all really enjoyed it. I loved cheering on friends and students. The Enrichment Cheerleaders were adorable. My girls had a blast running the Fun Run.

I got to see a friend leaving for Japan one last time. And the weather was just perfect - cool, breezy and sunny. After the race, the girls and I headed to Camille's for some breakfast. While we waited for John to join us (he had a few things to finish up at school), I enjoyed a latte and the hostess gave the girls coloring books, crayons, and a checkers game. I enjoyed my coffee without one peep from them! After a yummy meal of Crab Cakes Eggs Benedict, I ran next door to see if there were any open appointments for a manicure at Isle Style.....score! Sent John and the girls home and got a snazzy new coat of Lobster Roll. After I got home, John and the girls hit the pool and I took a nap. An uninterrupted, hour-long nap. I woke up refreshed and delighted at my luck this day! Fun school event, drinking a latte without once asking anyone to be quiet, an impromptu manicure, AND a nap? To top it all off, the Kentucky Derby would be taking place in a few hours. I came up with a quick meal....fresh rolls, sliced ham, and southern-style potato salad. We found a small spiral sliced ham in the deli at Publix, and I made a glaze of Dijon and maple syrup. Baked it at 350 just until the glaze melted over the ham and it was warmed through. John made us a few Mint Juleps.
Muddle some fresh mint leaves in the bottom of a glass, add crushed iced, bourbon, and powdered sugar to taste. The sugar dissolves and it really tastes like iced tea. Quite yummy! A perfect ending to a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment