Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Discovery Garden @ Legion Park

This morning my nephew had a field trip to this small park in Hollidaysburg, and we were invited along. John and the girls hit the wonderful playground and I grabbed my phone and visited with some of my favorite northern summer flowers in the Discovery Garden. I love all the tropical foliage and flowers in my yard in Key West, but the flowers I saw today are old favorites, some of the first plants I purchased and planted when I made my own garden. I talked to some of the ladies volunteering their time to keep the garden in shape. They asked where I was visiting from and I said 'subtropical zone 11.' :)
Lavender
Bee Balm
Honeysuckle
Coconut Lime Coneflower
Nicotinia
Chive Blossoms
Shasta Daisies
Hydrangea

No comments:

Post a Comment