Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

On the Road

We left Key West Saturday morning around 7 am. One night near Savannah, then two nights in Frederick, Maryland, our old home town. In a bit (as soon as my husband gets back from his run with my venti skim latte!) we will reload my Jeep and the box on the roof and head to Altoona, Pennsylvania, where I grew up. We haven't seen my family since this time last year, so we are all excited. It's been fun traveling, knowing that we will see family and friends and revisit some of our old haunts. But let's face it....traveling with two kids, an old dog, and the clothes, toys, books, snacks and everything else that goes with them is pretty exhausting. I am thankful for our great friend Barb Powell, who will take charge of our old dog while we head farther north. I am thankful for the friends who showed up at La Paz (our favorite hang out from days gone by) for the last two evenings to have a margarita and some chips and salsa with us. I am especially thankful for my dear friend Wendy Cox, who picked me up yesterday morning for breakfast at our fave Greek diner, and then took me to Wegman's, Dancing Bear, Nordstrom and Hanna Andersson, making me laugh the entire way. And Wendy gets special thanks for taking John to Bushwaller's for a beer while I took the girls back to the hotel. I don't miss the places here so much, but I sure do miss the people! Email and texts and Facebook updates and photos keep us connected, but I love dropping right back into that 'space' you go to with old friends, talking and laughing like you are just continuing the conversation from last time you saw each other. Alright, off this computer.....that latte should be arriving soon and I've got to get two grubby girls in the tub. We can't see Mom Mom and Pap looking like street urchins! Can't wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment