Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Friday, June 7, 2013

School's Out!!

My kids do not have school again until August 19th. The good parts? No wake ups, no homework, no back packs and water bottles. The bad parts? No set schedule, two girls to keep happy and entertained, and a heck of a lot of snack requests. It is hard to maintain that fine line between summer fun and chaos, at least for me. I have a clear plan for the next few weeks while we are here in Key West. Two mini art camps next week with Kim Wallen of Kdubz Desigz in Big Pine. Then some sessions with our summer tutor Mrs. Clinton....a lovely former teacher now home with her young daughter and a son on the way. We will hit the road with empty travel journals and reading lists and books and the new tablets the girls don't know they are getting. My job for these next two weeks is to get things in order to travel and to be away from home for a month or so. And to prevent too much TV, too many treats, and too many late bedtimes and late wake ups. But it's Friday afternoon and the girls are tired, and frankly, so am I. So I'll start my high-minded plans tomorrow....they can watch Disney Junior while I have a margarita with the hubs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment