Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Island Dreams...a find in Big Pine Key

I dropped off the girls at Kim Wallen's Kdubz Designz studio on Big Pine Key this morning for a two-hour art camp. It seemed silly to drive the 30 miles back to Key West to turn around and head back to pick them up, so I decided to tool around and see what I could find in the area. First off, some coffee! I found a bagel shop, Island Bagel, in the Winn-Dixie plaza. A yummy latte and a quality multigrain bagel with artichoke, olive and garlic cream cheese can be found in BPK! Some of the other moms with kids in the art camp trickled in, so it turned into a little breakfast gathering. After that, I looked for a shop I follow on Facebook. Just past the light, on the right side if you are heading south, is Island Dreams. Beachy decor, outdoor rugs, kitchen gadgets, custom bedding, cocktail napkins, scented candles....a fun little shop to browse. A great source for hostess and teacher gifts, too. Two doors down in the same little plaza is Bare Soles Sandals. Tons of styles, including several brands I hadn't seen before. When you live in flip flops year-round, it is good to have lots of options! I will definitely shop there the next time I need some shoes. We will head back to Big Pine tomorrow morning for another day of camp. This time the moms are meeting at The Cracked Egg Cafe after drop off. Looking forward to it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment