Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Saturday, June 15, 2013

More from Big Pine Key

The first week of summer flew by with our commute to and from Big Pine Key for art camp. I enjoyed my time poking around, and the girls really enjoyed camp. I will definitely sign them up next year. My previous blog post lists a few shops I found in BPK and here are some more. Out of the Blue Gallery, the big pink building right in Route 1, has lots of gifts, books, cards, and jewelry. It has a room of consignment items, and even a small hair salon upstairs. There is an art co-op gallery in the Winn-Dixie Plaza that has some really great art work, priced much lower than it would be in Key West. They also do framing. And next door to that is a little dress shop....I forget the name, but the owner carried some cute stuff, including locally made jewelry. On the girls last day of camp, I drove down to Summerland Key to check that out. I had to stop at one of my old favorites, Sugarloaf Food Company. I got a double latte and a box of goodies....excellent baked goods here. The Key Lime Coconut bar is to die for! So is the Key Lime shortbread. New owners are taking over and the woman I chatted with said they don't plan to change a thing. Good! My four mornings in Big Pine Key ended with having to stop to let a Key Deer prance around on the side of the road, before heading back into the trees. Pretty cool. :)
Some of the kids handiwork.
Love this place!
So delicious.....the cookies went home for the girls and John.
Hey buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment