Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Monday, June 17, 2013

Feelin' Crafty - Decoupage Cigar Boxes

This is the perfect craft for the non-perfectionist who loves magazines and happens to have some empty cigar boxes lying around from a project at school. That would be me! I had been saving all my Coastal Livings since we moved here, plus I subscribe to several other magazines and tend to pick them up at the grocery store. I started cutting them all up and grouping them in plastic bags....beachy, Key West, girls room, food, etc. Then I started cutting up the tons of catalogs I seem to get ( even though I am always opting out of receiving them! ). So I've got lots of themes ready to go. The first project I did was to cover cardboard initials with Key West-y images for a beloved teacher leaving school. I hope HH thinks of her buddies at Sigsbee when she puts them in her new office in Washington state. The ones I am working on now will go north with us....for my mom and sisters. I also covered a shoe box and a cigar box with cut outs from Hanna Anderson catalogs to hold hair accessories and trinkets for the girls dresser. I have plans to cover an old watering can with cut out flowers, and to do a recipe box covered with food images. The paper is adhered to the box with Mod Podge, available at every craft store. It serves as the glue and the sealant, giving the finished item a light sheen and slightly antique look. You can do decoupage on furniture as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment