Sign up HERE to subscribe via email. Thank you!

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Greek on the Grill

One of my favorite meals is a Greek salad. I love the combination of crunchy lettuce, cucumber, tomato and onion with salty feta cheese and olives, mixed all together in a nice lemony vinaigrette. Add some chicken, or some tuna or shrimp. Or even a drizzle of hummus. Yum! I love to use those same flavors and textures with grilled meat or seafood. The other night we grilled some thin-cut New York strip. While it was resting to redistribute the juices, I tossed some flat bread on the grate. It only needs a minute or two per side, but it really enhances the texture and flavor. We loaded up the warm flat breads with sliced steak, chopped romaine, sliced tomato, cubed feta and a generous dollop of tzatziki sauce. To make the sauce, combine plain Greek yogurt with shredded cucumber, salt, chopped garlic, and lemon juice. If I have fresh dill I add that as well. Last night we turned plain old burgers on the grill into Greek burgers by topping them with everything we had put on our New York strips. I think we have yet another new favorite! It's also delicious on grilled chicken and shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment